Friday 7 December 2012

Welcome!

Well here we are, our first blog post! I will begin by explaining who we are and what we do and where we got our name. I come from a long line of crafters, you could say it's in our blood. I've been sewing and knitting since I was a little girl. I learned my mom, who learned from her mom and so on. About 7 years ago my mom and I began selling our knitting at our local farmers market. Every fall we return and stay through Christmas. We've developed a lot of relationships with our customers and now have a lot of repeat customers. Once we start developing our business we thought we should have a name. Since my mom and I lived in Stoney Creek (she still does) the name Stoney Creek Knitters was born!
We make a variety of things from work socks to baby hats to felted purses. But that's not all we do! Life would be boring if you did the same things all the time, once in awhile we put our knitting needles down and dig out the sewing machines. I like different sewing projects, my most favorite is piecing quilts. This fall my quilt frames have always had a project in them. We'll see if I can slow down a little over the holidays, I don't do well sitting still! I can't say that I have a great deal of spare time on my hands, I do enjoy crafting during the quiet times but my real job is this little man:
He's a pretty laid back boss, always making me smile and amazing me every day with his new discoveries. Who knows, maybe someday he will be a knitter too!

Before I forget, here are the links to our etsy store, and facebook page check them out!

That's it for now, night all!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment